Carly Wynn (2017)
Erika Bennett (2017)
Ashley Chastain (2017)
JT Gasso (2017)
Kendra Cullum (2017)
Chanda Bell (2016)
Mackenzie Popescue (2016)
Laura Trout (2016)
Nicole Hudson (2016)
In 2019, after the tragic passing of Geri Ann Glasco, the Rising Star Award was renamed in her honor. Geri Ann was a marketing client of 1DZD's and had an endorsement deal with Swivel Vision.
Requirements for Consideration
* MUST not currently be or have been a client of 1DZD.
* Head Coaches: First stint with not more than three seasons and at least two winning seasons OR second stint with not more than five seasons and at least three winning seasons or be.
* Assistant Coaches with not more than five seasons.
* Only full time positions as a head coach or assistant coach are calculated.
Brittney Horan, AC, Northwood University
Spent five seasons on the Central Michigan staff and three as a full-time assistant before being hired in August of 2019 by Northwood.
She has been an integral member of a staff that in 2017 led the Chippewas to the Mid-American Conference regular-season championship and the MAC West Division title.
Horan works with the Chippewa hitters, coaches baserunning, and is responsible for infield defense. The Chippewas have ranked among the top three hitting teams in the MAC over the past three seasons, and among the top four in fielding percentage over that same span. Among Horan's off-field responsibilities are academic progress, team travel and video coordination.
Horan has been instrumental in the past two seasons in the individual development of several Chippewas, five of whom have earned First Team All-MAC honors, two of whom have been named Second Team All-MAC, a MAC Freshman of the Year Award winner, and four who have received All-Region honors from the National Fastpitch Coaches Association.
With Horan as the program's academic coordinator, the Chippewas posted an impressive 3.51 cumulative team grade point average in 2017, a significant improvement over the previous year. A combined 17 Chippewas have earned Academic All-Mid-American Conference honors in the 2017 and 2018 seasons.
Horan earned four letters as a second baseman/outfielder from 2011-14. She was named to the MAC All-Freshman Team in 2011, and in 2013 hit .279 with four home runs and a team co-leading 34 RBI as the Chippewas won the MAC Tournament, the 13th such title in program history, and reached the NCAA Tournament.
Horan is a native of Rosebush, Mich., and a graduate of Mount Pleasant High School. She earned her bachelor's degree with a major in sport management and minor in athletic coaching from CMU in 2014 and her master's in sports administration from CMU in 2018.
Carly Willert, AC, Eastern Illinois
*Hired as assistant softball coach in fall of 2016
* Begins fourth season on EIU coaching staff for 2020 season
* Helped coach two first team All-OVC selections in 2018
* Helped coach two All-OVC Newcomer Team selections in 2017
* Helped coach one second team All-OVC selection in 2017
* Helped coach two second team All-OVC selections in 2018
* Helped coach Panthers to two appearances in OVC Tournament (2017 & 2018)
* Helped coach Haley Mitchell to NFCA All-Region Honors (2017 & 2018)
* Helped coach Kayla Bear to NFCA All-Region Honors (2017)
* Has coached eight players that rank in EIU career top ten for offensive categories (one record holder)
Jamie Allred, AC, North Texas
Allred is in her first year as the assistant coach and pitching coach for North Texas softball.
Allred began her coaching career as the pitching coach for DeLong at APSU after playing two seasons of professional softball overseas. A member of two national championship teams, she helped the Therwill Flyers (Basel, Switzerland) and Western Magpies (Auckland, New Zealand) to national titles in their respective countries.
Led by junior pitcher Morgan Rackel, the Governors' staff ranked 13th in Division I in strikeout-to-walk ratio (3.67) and posted the 32nd-best ERA (2.25) in the nation. Rackel was named third team all-region and made program history as the first player to earn NFCA All-Region honors.
The Ohio Valley Conference Pitcher of the Year, Rackel earned First Team All-OVC, All-OVC Newcomers Team and All-OVC Tournament Team honors, and finished the year in the top 50 nationally in ERA (1.41), strikeout-to-walk ratio (7.56), strikeouts (204) and wins (22).
Geri Ann Glasco Rising Star Award Presented by Swivel Vision
Kenny Gajewski (2018)
Jorge Araujo (2017)
Rachele Fico (2016)
Copyright © 2019 One Dream Zero Distraction - All Rights Reserved I Phone: 833-979-0655