Geri Ann Glasco Rising Star Award Presented by Swivel Vision
Kenny Gajewski (2018)
Jorge Araujo (2017)
Rachele Fico (2016)
Carly Wynn (2017)
Erika Bennett (2017)
Ashley Chastain (2017)
JT Gasso (2017)
Kendra Cullum (2017)
Chanda Bell (2016)
Mackenzie Popescue (2016)
Laura Trout (2016)
Nicole Hudson (2016)
In 2019, after the tragic passing of Geri Ann Glasco, the Rising Star Award was renamed in her honor. Geri Ann was a marketing client of 1DZD's and had an endorsement deal with Swivel Vision.
Requirements for Consideration
* MUST not currently be or have been a client of 1DZD.
* Head Coaches: First stint with not more than three seasons and at least two winning seasons OR second stint with not more than five seasons and at least three winning seasons or be.
* Assistant Coaches with not more than five seasons.
* Only full time positions as a head coach or assistant coach are calculated.
Carly Willert, AC, Eastern Illinois
* Hired as assistant softball coach in fall of 2016
* Begins fourth season on EIU coaching staff for 2020 season
* Helped coach two first team All-OVC selections in 2018
* Helped coach two All-OVC Newcomer Team selections in 2017
* Helped coach one second team All-OVC selection in 2017
* Helped coach two second team All-OVC selections in 2018
* Helped coach Panthers to two appearances in OVC Tournament (2017 & 2018)
* Helped coach Haley Mitchell to NFCA All-Region Honors (2017 & 2018)
* Helped coach Kayla Bear to NFCA All-Region Honors (2017)
* Has coached eight players that rank in EIU career top ten for offensive categories (one record holder)
Jamie Allred, AC, North Texas
Allred is in her first year as the assistant coach and pitching coach for North Texas softball.
Allred began her coaching career as the pitching coach for DeLong at APSU after playing two seasons of professional softball overseas. A member of two national championship teams, she helped the Therwill Flyers (Basel, Switzerland) and Western Magpies (Auckland, New Zealand) to national titles in their respective countries.
Led by junior pitcher Morgan Rackel, the Governors' staff ranked 13th in Division I in strikeout-to-walk ratio (3.67) and posted the 32nd-best ERA (2.25) in the nation. Rackel was named third team all-region and made program history as the first player to earn NFCA All-Region honors.
The Ohio Valley Conference Pitcher of the Year, Rackel earned First Team All-OVC, All-OVC Newcomers Team and All-OVC Tournament Team honors, and finished the year in the top 50 nationally in ERA (1.41), strikeout-to-walk ratio (7.56), strikeouts (204) and wins (22).
A company OPERATED by former athletes, coaches and executives FOR athletes coaches and executives
Copyright © 2019 One Dream Zero Distraction - All Rights Reserved I Phone: 833-979-0655